Rosacea Treatment in Granite Falls, NC
There are many conditions that affect the skin. One of the most common of these conditions is rosacea, which affects millions of people worldwide. Rosacea is a very visible skin condition, as such it can be very damaging to your self-confidence.
Fortunately, there are a variety of rosacea treatment options available. If you're suffering from rosacea, call (423) 482-8711 or contact AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center online for more information.
Symptoms of Rosacea
The symptom most commonly associated with rosacea is an overall redness of the skin. But despite some common beliefs, there are many more symptoms of rosacea. They include:
- Redness: Rosacea causes varying degrees of redness on the facial skin. This is due to the fact that rosacea causes the blood vessels to enlarge and become more visible. The amount of redness varies depending on skin tone and severity of the rosacea.
- Swollen bumps: It is very common for rosacea to cause swollen bumps to appear on the surface of the skin. To the uninformed, these bumps may appear to resemble acne . But unlike acne, they can be very painful and sensitive to the touch.
- Skin thickening: The expansion of blood vessels during rosacea can also cause the skin to thicken and harden. This is especially prominent around the nose, which can appear bulbous or enlarged due to the condition.
- Eye irritation: Rosacea also causes eye problems for many of those who suffer from it. Some of the eye issues rosacea can cause are swelling, irritation, dryness and reddened eyelids.
In many cases, eye irritation is the first sign that a person may be dealing with rosacea. Those who deal with rosacea typically suffer from flare-ups, where symptoms such as redness and bumpy skin increase for a short period of time.
Causes of Rosacea
There is no definitive cause of rosacea. It's possible that rosacea is hereditary, or it may stem from certain environmental factors. Certain risk factors can also contribute to worsening rosacea symptom, or lead to flare-ups.
Most of these risk factors cause flare-ups due to increasing blood flow to the skin or increasing the side of blood vessels. These causes of rosacea flare-ups include:
- Certain medications
- Hot water
- Excessive heat or cold
- Sunlight exposure
- Hot or spicy foods
- Gut inflammation
While these issues are not the cause of rosacea themselves, they can cause more visible redness and may worsen the condition.
There is no cure for rosacea. However, there are a variety of rosacea treatment options that can help lessen the appearance of symptoms or reduce the pain associated with rosacea. Treatment options for rosacea include:
- Antibiotic medication
- Certain acne medications
- Cosmetic surgery procedures
- Laser procedures
- Anti-inflammatory diet
The best rosacea treatment course depends on the individual nature of your condition and the recommendation of a healthcare professional. The first part of any rosacea treatment plan is to meet with a skin-health professional to discuss rosacea triggers and review your treatment options.
Request Rosacea Information Today
Rosacea can damage your self-confidence and cause a heavy dose of pain. If you are interested in rosacea treatment, call (423) 482-8711 or contact AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center online.
AWAREmed Health and Wellness Resource Center
Address1604 Lamons Lane
Johnson City, TN 37604
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tue: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thu: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm